By Julie Daniluk RHN
Hot Detox embraces the ancient wisdom of India and Asia and utilizes the time-tested intelligence of warming up your body’s core to boost low immunity, alleviate IBS and chronic pain, balance hormones and help spur weight loss.
Warm Up This Winter! Keep it HOT!
Most detox plans chill the body and suppress digestion. The Hot Detox supports every major organ of your body. Backed by 900 peer-reviewed studies, The Hot Detox will teach you the science of detoxification as it has never been explained before! It includes beautiful and easy to understand medical illustrations and photos that will make you hungry!
Drawing on her own personal story of detoxification and over a decade of research, Julie Daniluk includes:
- A 21-day detox program with safe and effective weekly meal plans
- Top detox foods that are nutritious, affordable and anti-inflammatory
- Heat therapy techniques to increase flexibility, decrease joint pain, relieve muscle spasms and reduce inflammation
- Ayurvedic healing practices to calm your mind and body
- Over 100 delicious recipes (both omnivore and vegan) for herbal infusions, healthy bone broths, warm salads, soothing treats and more …
Hot Detox is simply the sanest and most intelligent way to cleanse with an easy-to-follow plan, fast and delicious meals, and proven ways to reset your vitality!
The Hulk Flourless Pancakes
These pancakes are as healthy as a salad! They are bright green inside and packed with detoxifying B vitamins. Spirulina is optional, but note that it contains all the essential amino acids, which assist the liver with detoxification and is 55 to 70 percent protein — ounce for ounce, spirulina contains 12 times the digestible protein of beef.
Coconut is naturally antifungal and helps to balance your digestive flora. These pancakes can be whipped together quickly and are a perfect high-protein weekend treat.
3 large organic eggs
1/3 cup organic coconut milk
2 Tbsp coconut nectar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
1 cup almond flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp pink rock or gray sea salt 2 cups baby spinach
1 Tbsp coconut oil (for coating the skillet)
1 tsp Hawaiian spirulina powder
Blueberry sauce (optional)
2 cups wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 Tbsp coconut nectar
- Place the eggs, coconut milk, coconut nectar, vanilla and vinegar in a blender (preferably a high-powered one). Then add the almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt, and spirulina powder if using.
- Blend on medium speed for 30 seconds, until well combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender. Add the spinach, and blend on high speed until the spinach leaves are completely incorporated and the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Make the blueberry sauce, if desired. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries and coconut nectar and cook, stirring frequently as the berries heat up and start to break down. Using the backside of a spoon, gently squash some of the blueberries. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the sauce has become syruplike, with a few berries still intact. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium- high, and coat with coconut oil. Spoon the batter onto the skillet, keeping your pancakes approximately 3 inches in diameter. (They’re much easier to flip when small.) Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, with the blueberry sauce if you made it.
Makes 9 pancakes.
Recipe from ‘Hot Detox’ by Julie Daniluk, R.H.N. ©2016. Photograph by © Shannon J. Ross. Published by HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. All rights reserved.
Julie Daniluk is a nutritionist, the co-host of Healthy Gourmet Show (OWNetwork) and the bestselling author of Meals That Heal Inflammation & Slimming Meals that Heal. Visit juliedaniluk.com for more. Follow Julie on Facebook at Julie Daniluk Nutrition, Twitter @JulieDaniluk & on Instagram.