Created by Sandra Sampson of LearnEatGrow.com
There is no need to buy in to the myth that healthy food has to take hours to prepare and taste awful. It’s simply not true. Here is a very simple and tasty recipe treat your family are sure to enjoy!
1 cup almonds, ground
1/2 cup gluten free flour mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
Juice from 1 lime
4 tablespoons chia seeds
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup raw split cashews
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl add the ground almonds, flour, baking soda, sea salt, vanilla, and maple syrup.
3. In a small bowl add the chia seeds and water. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
4. Add the chia mixture to the flour mixture and mix well. Best to use your hands.
5. Pour batter onto a baking dish lined with parchment paper and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 15 minutes. Let it cool for 1 hour, and then cut into 12 squares.
1. Soak the cashews for 2 hours prior to blending.
2. Add the cashews, water, maple syrup, banana and cocoa powder to a blender and blend until creamy.
3. Add the desired amount of cashew cream to flatbread squares. A great option is to add berries and/or granola.
Sandra Sampson is a mom and nutritionist who loves everything green and especially shoes. She is the co-founder of LearnEatGrow, an organization dedicated to educating children, teens and parents on the power of whole foods and the positive impact that healthy food choices can have. Her advice to parents is to Learn at your own pace, Eat whole foods for their delicious taste and Grow a little joy everyday.