Created by: Kathy Smart of LivetheSmartWay.com
This banana bread is dedicated to my beautiful friend, Anne. I got the idea of this bread from the vegan banana bread that we both share (with butter on top!) when we go for a green tea at Bridgehead. It is sweet and moist, and oh so yummy! The dates add richness without all of the added fat in regular banana bread!
2 cups of gluten free all purpose flour mix
2 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of gluten free baking powder
½ tsp of sea salt
5 very ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup of pure maple syrup
1 tsp of vanilla extract
¾ cup of almond, or cow’s milk
¾ cup of chopped dates
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. In another bowl, mash bananas, add maple syrup and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Gradually add in milk, mixing well.
4. Add dry ingredients to the blended wet ingredients in three stages, blending well after each addition until the dry ingredients are completely incorporated. Add in chopped dates, mix well.
5. Pour into pre-greased loaf pan. Bake for 40- 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Kathy Smart is a nutritionist, holistic chef, bestselling author, recipe developer, fitness trainer and instructor, and TV personality. You can check out Kathy’s bestselling gluten-free cookbook ‘Live the Smart Way’ here.