Created by Kathy Smart of LiveTheSmartWay.com
You will love these gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free vegan energy cookies. Every bite has wholesome goodness baked in! Filled with nutrients that are good for your bones (they’re high in calcium), heart and immune system, you won’t be able to stop at just one cookie!
2 cups whole grain brown rice flour
1 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup ground pecans
1 cup sesame seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup tahini (ground sesame paste)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1. Add dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
2. Add tahini and maple syrup and mix well.
3. Massage cookie mixture with hands to release oils of ground nuts until mixture sticks together to form a ball. Add a splash of water if too dry.
4. Spoon cookie mixture into 1 inch balls on non-stick cookie pan.
5. Flatten balls with fork and form “thumbprint” in middle of cookie and fill with apple butter.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
A well known health and wellness expert, Kathy Smart is a TV chef, nutritionist, and best-selling author.
For more information, visit LiveTheSmartWay.com