Created by: Kathy Smart of LivetheSmartWay.com
Today marks the last day of National Pancake Month, and we’ve saved a special recipe for you! One of Kathy Smart’s most popular recipes (and one of our faves) is her delicious recipe for Gluten-Free High Protein Pancakes. They make a quick, healthy grab n’ go breakfast. They’re also a great go-to snack or meal when you’re on the run. They freeze well, and can even be used as bread for your sandwich of choice. Kathy suggests frying these pancakes in coconut oil rather than butter, for a healthier option with fewer calories. These pancakes contain 189 calories, 6.9 grams of fat, 15.6 grams of carbohydrates, and only 2 grams of sugar! There are a whopping 16.7 grams of protein, plus a good amount of potassium and fibre. So celebrate one more day and get your pancakes on!
• 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal (use pure, non contaminated oats)
• 1/2 cup cottage cheese (1 % or 2%)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and cinnamon
• 2 whole eggs
1. Blend all ingredients in a blender.
2. Spray skillet with olive oil spray (or use coconut oil) and cook pancakes,
a few small ones at a time.
3. Top with your favorite pancake topping! Kathy recommends blueberries
and a touch of pure maple syrup.
Kathy Smart is a nutritionist, holistic chef, bestselling author of Live the Smart Way Gluten Free Cookbook, recipe developer, fitness trainer and instructor, and TV personality.